New Jersey(NJ) is a state on the toll collection network of the United States. Provided that you reside in New Jersey or are passing through an NJ EZPass system, then you are in for some toll collection. In other words, simplified, it simply means that it collects coins from the NJ EZPass you purchased and attaches them to your rearview mirror.
What is NJ E-ZPass?
The NJ E-ZPass is a tag that has great potential and is also linked to your bank account, credit, or debit card. To ease out the process of toll collection and to save your time, the toll collection technology makes the deduction automatically, as soon as you go through the toll collection point.
There are various ways where you can get access to the NJ EZPass. You can get your NJ EZPass through mail or in any selected retail stores.
NJ EZPass Bill Payment Online Procedure:
Though many people are unaware of the method of paying for the NJ EZPass and deem it as a hectic task, the reality is quite contradictory. The methods are super easy and convenient and take almost no time. You can opt for paying for your NJ EZPass online.
The process is pretty straightforward, and it is to be taken into account that the same method can be used to pay for missed violations. This should be done within a week of missing to pay your toll bill. Given below is a curated list of steps that can be used to pay for toll bills online :
● Firstly, refer to the website, Ezpassnj.com, which is the official website to the EZPass New Jersey.
● Then once you complete the first step successfully, click Login/Register. This will be followed by a pop-up window.
● Once the pop-up window is visible, enter your username, this could be an account or a tag number, whatever be your preference.
● Then, enter your www.ezpassnj.com password, followed by entering the security message in its designated box below. Once all of this is done, click log in.
● Take note of the fact that until and unless you have an eznjpass.com account, you cannot make payments online. The process of registration is important to go through the next step of payment.
● Once you have signed in, go to the left screen and click the one-time payment button.
● Enter the amount in dollars that you would like to pay and click on the Make Payment option. This helps you complete your payment in a jiffy without any fuss.
● As mentioned earlier, it is impossible to make an online toll bill payment in New Jersey without the availability of the NJ EZPass account. Therefore the step of registration is essential for registration before making your payment above. Given below are the steps that may help you with the registration:
1. For the beginning, go to EZ NJPass online.
2. Once done with the first step, head to the Sign Up for NJ EZPass option and click on the ‘Click Here to Sign Up’ option. Then go ahead and select the open individual’s account option, then check the section’s bottom and give a stamp of approval to the terms and conditions.
3. You can choose either to fill the form online or offline. For a seamless experience, online is the recommended method of filling up.
4. Once you choose the online method, you will land on a page, SignUp for the new NJ E-ZPass account. Enter the credentials like the account details, communications, vehicle Information, pre-payment Calculation, Account Replenishment Option, the Customer Agreement, and so on.
5. Once you are done with filling the most important information, the account will be ready for payments online.
Does EZ Pass Charge Any Monthly Fees?
Though this may be new news, there is a monthly charge on your NJ EZPass even when you reportedly have no tolls. Each city charges its residents differently. In New Jersey, usually, a dollar is made to be paid every month, which is also meant to be the service fee.
Also, there can be an extra dollar charged for the two statements one gets every month. The good part about being associated with the state of New Jersey is that there is no need for the transponder(tag). For the fact, if you link your NJ EZPass to your account(credit and debit card, or bank account, you will be supplied with a free tag). Just make sure to never misplace your tag.
If you are that person who loves to save, then you may require to pay less, which involves posting a 10$ tag deposit while one opens the account in New Jersey. Not paying the toll bills or the www.njmcdirect.com can have quite similar consequences.
Make sure to never miss paying your toll bills as it may result in serious consequences like :
● The termination of driving license.
● Deregistering of vehicle registration.
● A fine of up to $500