Due to the outbreak of Covid- 19, the New Jersey Department of Health has updated its restriction on self-quarantining on 4th December 2020. These guidelines were published on New Jersey’s Covid-19 information hub on 7th December 2020.
The new guidelines also include some provisions for travelers who return from any other U.S state need to self-quarantine themselves at home or any other short-term hotels and lodge following the rules of CDC.
● If anyone has to travel anyhow, the traveler must get them tested 1-3 days before the trip and somedays after the trip.
● If a traveler gets a positive report on the test, he or she needs to self-isolate themselves at least for ten days and postpone the travel for the time.
● If that particular traveler tests negative, he or she needs to self-isolate himself or herself for a week after the travel.
● If the test is unavailable or by any chance, the results get delayed, travelers need to quarantine themselves for at least ten days after the travel.
Kindly note that if someone has got a positive report for Covid-19 in the last three months and recovered, he or she doesn’t need to quarantine or get tested within three months as he or she doesn’t develop any new symptoms. However, if anyone finds new symptoms developing after the travel, he or she needs to follow certain guidelines. Let’s have a look at different kinds of travels and conditions that have come under the new provisions.
New guidelines strongly discourage any non-essential travels. However, in life, none can predict what comes next. New Guidelines permit the following conditions under essential travel.
● Individuals who want to travel out of the state for work.
● Individuals who need to travel out of the state for medical issues include providing comfort and support to the patients.
● It allows the military personnel who travel to the state as per the order of federal military authority.
● Individuals who need to travel outside with orders from the court.
Everyone is strongly prohibited from traveling without necessity. Essential personnel who are also known as critical infrastructure workers are free from quarantine in some strict circumstances. As per the order of the CDC, ‘reinsertion applied to critical infrastructure laborers that don’t have symptoms or have negative results.
In these cases, operations must be utilized as a last resort only in limited circumstances if the case of an operation might be the reason behind harm or danger for public health. If you want to learn more information about complex infrastructure workers, you can visit the official website of CDC. Here, you can find all the necessary information about essential personnel.
· In New Jersey, testing is paramount for any travel, and it is available to everyone in NJ. The New Jersey government encourages everyone traveling in the areas impacted by Covid-19 to get tested. The government strongly encourages the people who have got tested to self-quarantine themselves until the result will come.
· If you find any symptom of Covid-19 when you are in quarantine, you need to isolate yourself away from others and consult a healthcare professional. You need to get tested again for confirmation. In most cases, persons affected with Covid-19 discontinue isolations after 10-15 days if he or she is free from fever at least 24 hours without utilizing any kind of medicines and if he or she was found with improvement.
· Provisions on international travels have been in effect since 26th January 2021. According to the CDC, all the passengers who enter from a foreign country to the United States must not test positive for Covid-19. They need to take a test 3 days before boarding any flight to America. They need to submit a hard copy of their test result to the airline. For more details, you can visit CDC’s Website.
· Moreover, any foreign nationals who have visited these following countries should not enter the United States. The countries are Iran, the United Kingdom, China, Ireland, Brazil, and South Africa. For more information, please follow the CDC’s latest update on the entry.
· International travelers have to follow the particular guidelines that are published by the CDC and check if they are allowed for entry. Many countries are classified as a level-4, meaning High Covid-19 risk. CDC strongly asks all travelers to avoid travels to and from the mentioned countries.
These are some certain guidelines on the latest New Jersey Travel Restriction due to Covid 19. However, there are some important guidelines also on family and sick leave. If you want to learn more about the travel restrictions, you may follow the CDC website. Be safe and help others to be safe. Remember that your health is your wealth.