The New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission will always permit you to prepare your renewal ahead of time. You are liable to renew six months before your driving license expires. Make sure not to wait until the last day in case your license expiration falls at the month-end.
For Hassle-free Payment, Visit NJMCDirect.com and Make Traffic Ticket Payment Easily.
Note: Always visit your local MVC agency during the middle of the week or month to evade any unnecessary hassles or delays. If you can’t renew within the period, your license will expire soon.
Renewing NJ Driving License By Mail
NJ MVC has started allowing the drivers to get a hassle-free renewal of their driving licenses by mailing through the “skip the trip” program. The mandatory requirements are shown below for renewal:
- Your date of birth has to be on or before 12.01.1964.
- You are unable to renew a commercial driving license via Mail.
- You are unable to renew if your driving license is recently suspended.
- Please go for an in-person renewal if you are less than ten days away from the expiration date.
Steps to follow:
- Fill out all the details from the “skip the trip” renewal form sent to you on your mail I.D.
- Diligently read all the significant instructions in the renewal form.
- Now, you have to pay $24.00 for the renewal of four years driving license.
Note: You will receive your new driving license between 7-10 business days.
Renewing NJ Driving License By in-person
The primary requirements for the renewal of an N.J. driving license are shown below:
- You must possess a legit social security number.
- Bring your renewal form to an MVC agency.
- How Can You Reinstate Your Suspended Driving License in New Jersey?
- How To Get Replaced If You Lost Your NJ Driver’s License?
- How To Renew Vehicle Registration in New Jersey?
Steps to follow:
- Bring the cash of $24 for a full four-year license.
- Bring all the mandatory identification proof.
- Visit your nearby MVC agency.
- Pass a vision test.
List of Mandatory Documents Required For Renewal
- Primary ID
- Secondary ID
- Social security number
- N.J. residential proof
Date of Expiration Of The Driver’s License
The elementary class D driving licenses generally expire every four years. That is why you must apply for a driving license renewal every four years. Do you forget the expiration date? Just cross-check your card, and you will get the expiration date on the front side.
This is how you can efficiently apply and renew your driving license in New Jersey. For a hassle-free application and renewal process, follow our guidelines only! We hope this article immensely helps satisfy your needs!